If you’re using VoIP as your primary telecommunications platform for your business, you’re already well-acquainted with the technological benefits it offers. Adding Session Initiation Protocol (SIP trunking) offers optimal flexibility and unparalleled cost savings for your telephone systems. With a minimal initial investment and user-friendly end-to-end service, SIP trunking enables you to improve your unified communications in a way that traditional telephone systems can’t compete with. SIP trunking uses Internet Protocol (IP) to place calls through the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and requires a VoIP vendor, an IP PBX, and a supportive gateway for IP-based voice communications. Don’t be warned by its clunky name—SIP trunking is a lightweight, easy-to-use set of protocols with several benefits, including:
- Cost Savings: It can be frustrating when your business or organization is subject to confusing charges for local, long distance, and international calling. SIP trunking allows for accessible, user-friendly pricing that’s typically billed on a per-user basis. Unpredictability leads to chaos—with SIP trunking, your monthly bill won’t be all over the place.
- Immediate ROI: SIP trunking has a minimal upfront cost, so you can start seeing the benefits right away. Unproven and ill-equipped technology doesn’t offer the same day-one support that Sip trunking provides.
- Unified Communications: Selecting a SIP provider that delivers a wide range of communication tools (video conferencing and fiber-optic internet connectivity, for example) can help your business enjoy user-friendly communication services like mobile sharing, instant messaging, and other cloud tools designed to optimize productivity. Emergency 911 services are also available for efficient emergency communication with E911.
- Less Hardware: Installing new phone lines for a traditional phone system can be a hassle. SIP trunk service allows scalable phone live services for VoIP phones so that you can add or subtract lines with ease. Remote access for off-site employees doesn’t have to be a pipe dream; your business’ VoIP solution should adapt to your needs, not the other way around.
- Convenient Management: SIP trunking and VoIP services offer user-friendly portals for on-site management, including phone call routing, extension changes, and adding or subtracting phone lines.
- Consolidation: Paying a phone company and network provider to deliver one service doesn’t make sense. Your VoIP calls and data solutions are both handled in one accessible, convenient place when you utilize SIP trunking for your business.
Finding the right VoIP solution for your business requires thorough research. Before you make any decision regarding your telephone system, make sure that your organization can support the platform you’re looking for. If you’re interested in further exploring how SIP trunking can provide several benefits for your business, reach out to our team at California Telecom today.